What Makes A Great Video?
- Introduce yourself (name, age, where you’re from and what you do). Describe your personality. Tell us what you’ve tried before and why you’re not at your goal now.
- Cite real life examples. We want to get to know you. Tell your story.
- Talk about Flipping 50. Why should Debra choose you to be her client? What makes you unique to others applying?
- Tell us why you would be a good candidate for Flipping 50. Let us know you plan to follow up. Tell us about your support system at home, work, or friends. Tell us why now is the right time.
- If you shoot indoors, make sure you have good lighting in front of your face, not behind you.
- If you shoot outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun behind you, which will silhouette you.
- Shoot in the day if possible. For your sake shoot when you have energy!
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Avoid using music.
- If you’re outside avoid shooting in the wind or loud areas.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so nothing distracts from what you’re saying.
- Your video may be shown on WellnessTV or social media. Shoot the video as if it would be shown on TV. Shoot horizontally not portrait/vertical style.
- You can shoot the video from your phone you do not need a video camera or a microphone if you follow the instructions above.
Specs and How to Submit
- Your video should not exceed 3 minutes.
- Preferred file formats are: mp4 and .mov files
- You must upload your video to Dropbox, Hightail, or Google Drive to send.
- Do Not upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia.
Videos that do not adhere to the above guidelines won’t be considered for the show.